Thursday, August 28, 2008

That Feeling You Get

You know the one I'm talking about, moms. Yeah, you do. Come on, now. Think reallllly hard. Somewhere, in the darkest recesses of your mind, you remember.



I'm talking about that feeling you get when you leave the salon with a really great haircut. You know, that feeling that makes you forget that the last time you spent doing the same thing uninterrupted for 3 hours you were in labor. That feeling that makes you overlook the baby pudge left on your belly and the spilled skittles in your purse. That feeling that when your stylist pulls the wax off your brows, she's pulling a little bit of the humdrum out with them, and it almost makes it worth the pain.



I live for these feelings. They don't happen very often, because we all know that they're very quickly followed by the guilt that comes from spending three hours away from your child and a lot of money on your hair. (wonder how many outfits/diapers/movies/toys/etc I could've bought with that $87?)



I'm taking back that feeling. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't again let more than 6 weeks go by between haircuts. I hate having to wait so long that neither the stylist nor I can remember exactly what that great cut looked like. No, I probably won't be able to pay to have the foils every time. But that's OK. Just having someone else take care of me for a while makes it all worth it!

No comments: