Thursday, August 28, 2008

Caylee

I have, with closed eyes and faithful heart, been praying for Caylee Anthony. For weeks. I have not followed closely the news stories, because, to be quite honest, they make me want to put on my *1* pair of stillettos, tramp down to Fla., and stomp on her mother. Hard.

But anyway. I am, like most of America, now forced to admit that Caylee is probably with God at this point. It infuriates me. She reminds me very much of my daughter. Again, the stillettos pop into my mind.

I just wanted you to be aware that there are options. There are safe-haven laws for newborns. In Nebraska, this goes all the way up to age 19. There's adoption (which, reportedly, Casey Anthony wanted, until her mother dissuaded her from that path. Stupid woman. Caylee could've been with people who wanted and adored her.) There's help to be had.

Perhaps Casey was suffering from some undiagnosed, untreated form of PPD or PPP. THERE WAS HELP. Grandmother is an RN, surely she would've recognized the signs?

Anyway. I just wanted to put this out there. If you, or someone you know, is faced with an unwanted pregnancy or overwhelming parenthood, there are options. No life should end like Caylee's.

And Caylee, whether you are on earth or in heaven, sleep well, baby girl.

No comments: